04 juin 2018

Book review: Purple Hibiscus by Chimananda Ngozi Adichie


I had been wanting to read Purple Hibiscus for so long! It was hard to read because I could not stand violence towards children (psychological and mental violence), religious extremism and misunderstanding, political violence, however the style was so good, the story so compelling and I learnt so much about Nigeria and its culture that this was one of my best reads in a long time.
Actually, it reminds me of my reading experience of Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians...

I can’t wait to start reading Americanah! I have already read excerpts from it which I loved but never had time to actually read it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Bonjour !
Votre commentaire sera bientôt en ligne.
Merci d'échanger avec nous !
Gabriel et Marie-Hélène.