01 juillet 2019

My favourite book - By Sarah (one of my American interns).

The Art of Racing in the Rain is the only book I’ve ever read narrated by a dog. Gareth Stein uses the point of view of Enzo, a yellow lab, to follow the life of his owner, Denny Swift, a race car driver in Seattle. Enzo believes that he will be reincarnated as a human. He spends most of his days in Denny’s apartment watching TV shows about race car driving. After being somewhat neglected, Enzo takes up a larger role in Denny’s life. As Denny battles his wife for custody, Enzo helps him navigate fear, loss, and depression. All the while, Enzo is suffering as well. As the years go on, and Enzo grows older, Denny loses focus on his dog and redirects his attention towards his cars. Nevertheless, Enzo stays by Denny’s side until he can no longer. This story of friendship shows what they truly mean when they say that a dog is a man’s best friend.


When I first read The Art of Racing in the Rain, I was in awe. For the first time, I understood why my father was always reading, why my teachers encouraged me to read for enjoyment. Stein’s witty storytelling sparked my interest in reading, and it is because of this book that I have taken up avid interest in literature even until today. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Bonjour !
Votre commentaire sera bientôt en ligne.
Merci d'échanger avec nous !
Gabriel et Marie-Hélène.