21 janvier 2011

Defining ways to connect the virtual and physical classrooms

Defining ways to connect the virtual and physical classrooms:

I use the lab once a week with all my classes. There's so much to be done in a lab: I mostly use:


- webquests (which I design or find on the Internet),


- I also use interactive games such as:

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/absolutenglish-972/notes/mysteries/page1.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/words/reading/techniques/scanning/game.shtml

All these are related to "Whodunnit".

-I also use the computer lab to enhance my students' language skills (particularly listening & speaking): 


* recording their voice & saving the audios on a memory stick to grade them


* using websites such as the FABULOUS "USA Learns" (especially the lesson on NATURE).

- they also search the net to prepare talks


- & we also use the lab for student talks: thus they can send documents to their friends & discuss a topic...



I'm looking forward to hearing about how you use the lab!


Cheers!

2 commentaires:

  1. Great, Marie,
    You have succeeded in inserting live links into your blog posts!
    I really like the Think Quest site and the crossword puzzles to practice concepts and terms with different levels of difficulty.
    Laine

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yes, but I could not change the earlier ones...
    I have not done it on purpose actually...
    Thanks for the comment dear Laine!

    RépondreSupprimer

Bonjour !
Votre commentaire sera bientôt en ligne.
Merci d'échanger avec nous !
Gabriel et Marie-Hélène.