Defining ways to connect the virtual and physical classrooms:
I use the lab once a week with all my classes. there's so much to be done in a lab: I mostly use:
- webquests (which I design or find on the Internet, at esl printables, or eslplans.com, or other websites),
- I also use interractive games which I can find on the Net too, such as:
All these are related to "Whodunnit".
-I also use the computer lab to enhance my students' language skills (particularly listening & speaking):
* recording their voice & saving the audios on a memory stick to grade later
* using websites such as the FABULOUS "USA Learns" (especially the lesson on NATURE which deals with the environment).
- they also search the net to prepare talks
- & we also use the lab for the students' talks: thus they can send documents to their friends & discuss a topic while sending a ppt for instance, or a video...
They tremendoulsy enjoy it & work hard!
I'm looking forward to hearing about how you use the lab!