13 mai 2019

Guess the genre (2) by Léo


 Résultat de recherche d'images pour "genre literary"




Guess the genre


I swallowed my dinner pill and walked towards the living room where the screen facing me turned on as it detected my movements. I sat on the fairly damaged couch and watched the daily news, as the government ordered us to do everyday, from 9PM to 10PM. As usual, The Western Power had won all of its fights against The Federation Of China and was now preparing for what they called “The final offensive”. It became a ritual for me to hear the news everyday, it was always the same from the beginning to the end. It seems that an eternity had already gone by since The Western Power had annouced it would be launching an attack that would make this war come to an end. I told myself : « Why wouldn't they just act instead of... » and at that exact moment, just as I was about to finish my reflection, it happened to me again. I fell in a sort of dream where I was in a corridor with doors on the sides and each door I oppened would lead me to a screen with “Your thoughts are not private” written on it. Fortunately, it only lasts for about ten minutes but when I wake up, I never remember what led me to this feeling. I only remember the dream and all the monitors behind the doors. On the screen, the newscaster wrapped up today's daily news with a sentence that I now knew by heart : ”Goodbye, and do not forget to be back tomorrow night” but I was not paying attention to it. It was now the fifth time that this weird fantasy happened to me and a lot of questions were beginning to appear in my head. Why does this happen ? When ? And what do they mean by “Your thoughts are not private”?
Léo, 2nde SIA, Lycée International Nelson Mandela, Nantes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Bonjour !
Votre commentaire sera bientôt en ligne.
Merci d'échanger avec nous !
Gabriel et Marie-Hélène.